EDs are everywhere. They are to be found in watches, LED lighting displays, traffic lights, hand held torches, among others. They are beginning to show up in car lighting systems such as brake lights, reverse lights, and taillights. These versatile pieces of technology are now becoming winners in indoor and outdoor lighting.
The development of Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) was a revolutionary step in lighting technology. Actually, LEDs have been in the market for a while, but they were mainly used for display lighting in control panels. However, in recent years, the LED technology has grown to become viable for use in lighting fixtures. LEDs consume very little energy when producing light. Conventional LED lights are made up of an array of LEDs that can produce enough power to light up spaces
This development in LED technology is also behind the recent proliferation of LED and OLED monitors. Manufacturers realized that LEDs are ideal for use in the production of monitors because of their low energy requirements.
Advantages of LED Lights
- The lower energy consumption of LED lights makes them ideal players in our energy deficient world. Low energy requirements mean that LED bulbs lead to lower carbon emissions. This makes LED lighting compatible with green lighting goals.
- LED lights are also versatile. Our Products page illustrates this quite well. We have several types of LED lighting fixtures for various uses that include LED panels, Tube lights, High Bay Lights, Strip Lights and down lights. LED lights are also affordable.
- The lifetime costs of an LED bulb compared to the lifetime cost of other types of lighting show that LED lights are the most economical type of lighting fixtures. They are durable, and they out last all other lighting fixtures.
- LED Lights do not have toxic gases. They are made from inert materials making them ideal for use in almost all applications
- Finally, LED lights are easy to recycle because the units are composed of various recyclable components. They lead to lower e-waste volumes and their components can be recycled for other applications.